The Community College Math Ship

The Community College Math Ship
U.S.S. Math Club

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Post-STEM Day Updates

Hello Math Club Members,

Thank you Ryan, Antonia, Prof. Hoffman, AJ, Caleb, and myself (Your Lord Commander of Math Club) for the work we all did to make STEM Day happen. I really appreciated all of your efforts, since my EPIC class tutees needed my help to study for a math test, and then I myself had a math class and UC Tag workshop to attend. I think it is important that we acknowledge that our Promotional Materials Designer (I forgot his actual title, sorry everyone) Ryan, who used his connections to create professional-quality Math Club propaganda and ICC Liaison Antonia for creating additional propaganda, as well as advocating for the variety of Math Club opportunities that we will be looking into this semester. Additionally, Secretary AJ acted as our tabling spokesperson while juggling her physics homework and Robotics talk. I've attached a picture of her glorious effort.

Math Club Secretary AJ Chlarson tabling for Math Club and Robotics
Cañada College STEM Day, Sept. 3, 2014

As acting President of Math Club, I provided the materials for the Guestamation activity, which we will recycle for Club Rush next week (winners may have to wait to find out until next Thursday), Prof. Hoffman helped set up (I think?), as well as my tabling activity set-up for COLTS Academy 2014. Furthermore, Caleb provided ideas about how to make Math Club more interesting.

Take a look at all the interest in Math Club we generated: Click here to review the Club Interest sign-up sheets.

Please take this moment to take the Math Jam Survey if you have not already done so.

Also, you may want to go take the Anonymous Math Club Ballot, which is due by Friday, 9/5- that is, if you want your vote counted.

Prof. Hoffman, Secretary AJ (and hopefully VP Try?) should attempt to schedule a meeting with me before our meeting on Thursday so that we can discuss the agenda / having someone help me develop a more on-task presentation (I have a tendency to get distracted. It is called ADD.). Please email me at rreus@my.smccd.edu in order to offer your assistance. I would be so grateful.

Remember, our next meeting is Thursday, Sept. 4th, 2014 from 4-5pm. Our back-up meeting will start on Friday, Sept. 5th, 2014 from 1-2pm (assuming it is approved democratically by vote). Prof. Tong has offered to help us run the back-up meetings, since an advisor must be present for all activities.

Thank you for your participation. Remember, we're going to make Math Club fun.

Acting President Rebecca Reus






No comments:

Post a Comment