The Community College Math Ship

The Community College Math Ship
U.S.S. Math Club

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Inter-Club Council (ICC) Liaison Report

On Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 I attended the Inter-Club Council (ICC) Meeting that is held every other Tuesday in the Associated Students of Cañada College (ASCC) Conference Room (5-350):

Image of Agenda

As an ice breaker everyone present was to state their name, the club(s) they represented, and one thing they wanted to see happen this academic year. Answers ranged from clubs collaborating with each other to conduct upcoming events such as Dia de los muertos to the simple fact of wanting to see ALL clubs active (from yours truly). Next, roll call was taken to verify that the clubs whom have turned in their applications were present. As each representative was acknowledged, they were given the option to report on what their clubs were up to, this is what I reported on Math Club's behalf: I mentioned the days and times we met (Thursdays 4pm-5pm & Fridays 1pm-2pm), and how we were having a showing of BBC's documentary the "Story of 1" after our upcoming Thursday meeting; I also mentioned how we had just turned in our Fundraising Request to be allowed to "sale" (donations encouraged) baked goods for $1 in the STEM Center. In addition, I proudly stated that one of our goals was to make Math Club accessible to all math levels. To close it off, I proposed each member take flyers to their math classes, my mistake here was that I did not have enough for everyone therefore I left the small stack I had to ASCC's front desk so it could be view able to those interested in taking one flyer for the time being.

The next ICC meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 23, 2014 from 2:30pm to 3:30pm. Note: The meeting is open to the public, meaning anyone can show up, voice their opinions, and have an impact on how clubs interact.

-End of Report-

No comments:

Post a Comment